mercoledì 9 dicembre 2009

Dream in blue

Pencils of "dream in blue". The inked version is on my desktop, not really meaning that it has been one of those fantastic pages you happen to do once in a while but remembering those fortunate occasions in which you happen to do a good page in half your usual time thanks to what, for lack of better word, we can call "inspiration". The fact is that i'm in one of those moments when my mind just tells me to give up on everything, to just let everything go. It's not that i don't have enought physical strenght to work on several things at once, it's just that my mind keeps telling me that it's all useless, that it will not resolve my problems and if i really have to keep pretending that i'll soon be able to work in the comic market then it would be better to stop doing everything else and just concentrate on the project i want to submit to some editor. My mind laught at me all the time. I don't want to listn to her, a marriage present is something important too and i have also promised to do some pages for "buumballa". Keep it up while feeling like everything is useless is too hard.

Qualche volta capita, per un caso fortunato, una particolare congiunzione di eventi o semplicemente per pura ispirazione, che vengano tavole al primo colpo, che si riesca ad azzeccare esattamente l'atmosfera che si vuole rappresentare indipendentemente dalla qualità delle singole immagini, come è capitato per le matite di questa tavola di un po' di tempo fa'
Ma non capita oggi, non è capitato nelle scorse settimane, non capita mai mentre la tua mente ti dice di lasciar perdere tutto. Combattere il mio cervello è ordinaria routine per me, ma quando perdo anche la voglia di combattere non riesco più a giudicare con occhio critico quello che faccio ed è impossibile progredire in queste condizioni. Odio la mia testa, la odio con tutto il cuore.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento